Real Estate Agencies in Wuxi
On of the easiest ways to find and apartment or house for rent in Wuxi is to make use of a real estate agent or agency. This industry didn’t real exist ten years ago in China, but today there are many agencies that all claim they can help you find a house or apartment.
When using a real estate agency to help you find a property for sale or rent you should be aware of the following.
- Reputable firms will not charge you money to help find an apartment. They take their fee from the landlord and this is usually equal to one months rent.
- Your agent should speak good clear and easy to understand English. If you ask a direct question you should get a direct answer back.
- The Agency should be able to supply a Chinese / English based lease. This lease can be edited to meet your demands or expectations.
- The Agency, no matter what they say, cannot force a landlord to comply with the terms of the lease, if that landlord is unwilling to honor the agreement. By the same token an agent cannot comply a tenant to comply with the terms of the lease if they are not will to do so. Your rental agreement is between you and the landlord not you and the real estate agency.
- When using a Agency that specializes in finding expats homes. After sales support is usually part of the package. Ask your agent for references. Reputable Agents can and will supply these references when asked to do so.
- There is no such thing as a Key fee or other mythical fees that a tenant has to pay. All fees should be covered in the lease and listed as part of the management fee. See Costs Associated with Renting for more information about what fees you should expect to pay..